Monday, March 16, 2009

Boy and Girl at Night, 2009

I painted this from a cellphone photograph. What was important to me, and the reason I painted this, was the relationship between the two people, both on the canvas and in life. This is clearly a contemporary urban street scene. The city is Los Angeles, late on a fall night.

This is an oil painting on canvas, 18"x 18". The square shape is something I've been using a lot ever since a few months ago, when I found a few squares of cardboard, gessoed them and started using them for quick little paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Love the immediacy of this one. Would be great to see a series of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, a series of these is exactly what I've been thinking about. I love the story-telling aspect of this painting.

    ReplyDelete