Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Woman Thinking In Pink And Red; Woman Standing In Primary Colors; Woman Resting In Blue And Yellow; Woman Reclining In Primary Colors




Today's sketches, from life.

Standing Woman was a five minute drawing; the rest were 30 minute drawings.

Pastel and charcoal on approximately 9"x12" Sennelier La Carte Pastel Card.

Thanks, Casey Klahn at the Colorist for recommending this support.  I like its finely sanded surface, and it's easy to make four 9x12s out of one large sheet.

8 comments:

  1. your works is so good, so exressive, I like a lot, you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I like the one where she's draped over the furniture. It's like she's part of the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Margaret

    I like how you left part of the paper raw. And the strange rendering of her face. I know that tends to send you back to the drawing board but I hold "weird" in high regard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, NC. Me. too, yours.

    Thanks, Margaret and PA.

    Margaret, that's what I was trying for, so it's cool that you saw it.

    PA, relax. I hold weird in high regard too; I just like to know that I can also do "not weird."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your figures are almost carved into the paint. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I like 2 and 4 best this time. I love you sketches. I have a thing for the beauty of a woman's back, and the blue highlights the woman beautifully. And number four almost looks like she's laying in water. The colors you use are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some of my favorites. I also love the back, but I'm in the minority at these drawing meetups, so I don't often get the chance. And thanks, Meg.

    ReplyDelete